Learn more about the landscape and heritage through walks, talks and other events. Volunteer to help at events, to carry out surveys or practical conservation tasks. Become a champion for the AONB by raising awareness in your own community and by supporting local projects.
Keer to Kent – the journal of the Landscape Trust
Published three times a year, “Keer to Kent” is a journal dedicated to the exploration and discussion of a wide variety of subjects associated with the Trust and the local area.
The Autumn/Winter 2020 edition (103) of Keer to Kent includes:
- The Garden at Grey Walls- – Brian Smith updates us on the work to restore the Thomas Mawson garden.
- A Pre-eminent Polje – A fascinating limestone landscape feature in Lambert’s Meadow, Silverdale.
- Tides of the Kent Estuary – Mike Warren explains tides in Morecambe Bay and the River Kent bore.
- Lady’s slipper Orchids at Gait Barrows – An update from Glen Swainson, the Senior Reserve Manger.
The journal is available from the Landscape Trust, the AONB office and various local outlets, price £1.70 (free to members).
Back issues are also available at £1.00 for the recent past issue (102) and 50p for 101, all others free, postage extra.
An index of articles, photographs and other items from the past issues of Keer to Kent is now available here. If you would like a copy of any such items, please contact the Secretary who will be pleased to help with your enquiry.
- Telephone:01524 761034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org