This extraordinary place is famous for its amazing wildlife, stunning scenery, and superb walks. From the simple beauty of the Lady's-slipper Orchid to the shining sands of Morecambe Bay, the area is simply awe-inspiring - full of natural spectacles and a surprise around every corner.
The Countryside Code
The Government has recently updated the Countryside Code to incorporate advice on exercising in the countryside during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from other people
- Leave gates as you find them
- Keep your dog under effective control
- Follow advice and local signs
- Take your litter home
- Once you’re home, don’t forget to wash your hands
Please stay local and act responsibly to protect the people and animals that live there.
(Please be “tick aware”. Unfortunately both you and your pets could be at risk from tick bites in the countryside. Click here to download our free advice leaflet.)