What We Do
We work in partnership and aim to achieve • an outstanding landscape, rich in wildlife and cultural heritage • a thriving, sustainable economy and vibrant communities • a strong connection between people and the landscape
Annual Review 2019/20
2019/20 was another busy year for the AONB Team, working hard towards three key outcomes under the AONB Management Plan 2019-24
- An outstanding landscape rich in natural and cultural heritage
- Vibrant and sustainable communities
- A strong connection between people and the landscape
We faced many challenges along the way, not least the Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown during the last few weeks but we hope you will agree that this Annual Review shows a huge amount has still been achieved.
Here are just a few of the highlights.
- We launched a programme of dementia-friendly walks for all
- The Arnside & Silverdale AONB Development Plan Document was announced as ‘Overall Winner’ in the RTPI North West Planning Awards for Excellence 2019 and went on to become a finalist in the National Awards
- Our volunteers contributed over 3000 hours of their time, taking action for nature recovery and biodiversity
- The reading of ‘Fugitives’ by Simon Armitage, Poet Laureate, on Arnside Knott as part of the national celebration of the 70th anniversary of Parliament passing the pioneering legislation that paved the way for the designation of the UK’s 46 AONBs
If you have any questions or would like further information on any aspects of our work, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.