What We Do
We work in partnership and aim to achieve • an outstanding landscape, rich in wildlife and cultural heritage • a thriving, sustainable economy and vibrant communities • a strong connection between people and the landscape
Arnside & Silverdale Farming and Land Management Group
As we all know, farming is changing. To help weather, understand and adapt to these changes, the Arnside & Silverdale AONB Partnership has established a Farming and Land Management Group. The group is ‘farmer-led’, and anyone who owns or manages land in the AONB is welcome to join. We will learn from each other, bringing in external specialist help where appropriate.
The aims of this group are to:
- Enable farmers, land managers, landowners and organisations to work together across the area and access the new environmental payments that are slowly replacing the Basic Payment Scheme
- Provide a focus for sharing information, opportunities, knowledge and views
- Make new contacts and share ideas with neighbouring land managers, discovering how best to cooperate and work together
- Encourage and support landscape enhancement and nature recovery
- Enhance agricultural practices to benefit the natural environment and resources such as soil health.
The future is uncertain. We expect the group to be an important source of support for farmers and land managers during this transition, both in terms of knowledge and importantly for social aspects and sense of community. As facilitators of the group, the AONB team want to listen to you, and establish the best ways to provide support and advice. We can talk about options for sharing knowledge and devise ways of working with your neighbours to achieve bigger results to benefit the environment, as this is likely to be an important part of the new Environmental Land Management schemes. There will also be opportunities to get involved with partnership projects, both large and small.
Membership is free and you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of events and activities which will be promoted by the group newsletter, Land Matters.
Land Matters Newsletter
Get in touch
The Arnside & Silverdale Farming and Land Management Group is being facilitated by AONB Countryside Officer and farmer, Helen Rawlinson, and run collaboratively. To join, or for more information regarding events being offered and planned, please contact Helen direct at email@example.com