What We Do
We work in partnership and aim to achieve
• an outstanding landscape, rich in wildlife and cultural heritage
• a thriving, sustainable economy and vibrant communities
• a strong connection between people and the landscape
Community Energy Project
With almost a third of the AONB under woodland cover, the AONB Partnership is working hard to see
- more woodlands becoming ‘actively’ managed,
- more community groups confidently engaged in woodland activities, and
- stronger wood fuel supply chains to drive more domestic heat derived from renewable sources
and is pleased to be able to support this exciting new project.
The Silverdale and District Wood Bank is a community group that is carrying out woodland management, producing woodfuel and helping people in fuel poverty.