What We Do
We work in partnership and aim to achieve
• an outstanding landscape, rich in wildlife and cultural heritage
• a thriving, sustainable economy and vibrant communities
• a strong connection between people and the landscape
Annual Review 2014/15
2014/15 was certainly a busy, challenging and successful year.
- publishing the new AONB Management Plan – an ambitious framework for action for the next five years
- successfully completing the £800,000 Morecambe Bay Limestones & Wetlands Nature Improvement Area, which saw over 2300 ha of priority habitat restored
- an incredible 2500 hours of volunteer time carrying out practical conservation management tasks
- working closely with South Lakeland District and Lancaster City Councils on the preparation of a dedicated Development Plan Document for the whole of the AONB
- a successful programme of training and events to support and promote traditional rural skills
- over 700 people introduced to some spectacular wildlife and aspects of our fascinating history through the AONB Wet & Wild Festival
Click here to download the full Annual Review 2014/15 (a 5.4 MB pdf) and to read about our work in more detail.
- Telephone:01524 761034