Learn more about the landscape and heritage through walks, talks and other events. Volunteer to help at events, to carry out surveys or practical conservation tasks. Become a champion for the AONB by raising awareness in your own community and by supporting local projects.
Current volunteer task programme
The AONB team organises and leads a programme of weekly practical tasks of habitat and access management, together with a monthly litter pick around the lanes of the AONB.
Tasks planned include:
- 28 March – woodland maintenance at Teddy Heights Reserve
- 4 April – walling preparation and historic milestone repair
- 11 April – path surfacing
- 18 April – installation of finger posts
- 25 April – historic designed landscape garden restoration
Further details on these tasks and other volunteering opportunities can be found on the What’s On calendar.
If you intend to come along, please ring the AONB Office to book a seat in the Land Rover and/or to check that the task is still running as planned as the programme is sometimes subject to change due to weather conditions or other circumstances.
- Telephone:01524 761034