Learn more about the landscape and heritage through walks, talks and other events. Volunteer to help at events, to carry out surveys or practical conservation tasks. Become a champion for the AONB by raising awareness in your own community and by supporting local projects.
Volunteering for the Trust
We are always looking for new volunteers, so whether you are interested in data recording, helping at events or carrying out practical conservation tasks on our nature reserves, we’d love to hear from you.
Volunteer tasks planned for June 2017 are:
- 1 June – Meet at Guard Hill Lane Steele family reserve for a Joint working group with Silverdale Co-op staff to construct pedestrian access field gates and fencing, and “floating” path for improved Landscape Trust access. We will remove windblown fallen trees and burning brash. From 1.30pm to 4.00pm there will be interpretation visits to the Trust’s Teddy Heights, Coldwell Parrock and Coldwell Meadows reserves.
- 8 June – We will be at Coldwell Parrock north gate to remove a dangerous large branch on an oak tree, carry out logging and moving the material to the site access point. We will also be collecting logs from Coldwell Meadows.
- 15 June – We are back to Guard Hill Lane Steele family reserve to carry out gate construction, and fencing, and brush-cutting scrub and herb growth on organic designated area.
22 June – Today we will be at Teddy Heights north gate working on path reconstruction, tidying the main path area and siting of Editor’s bench.
- 29 June – We will be at Teddy Heights south gate to carry out log extraction, path reconstruction and Editor’s bench construction.
All practical conservation tasks unless otherwise stated start on site at 10.00am and finish at 12.30pm, meeting at the following grid references.
- Coldwell Parrock North Gate SD 479 779
- Coldwell Parrock South Gate SD 479 777
- Teddy Heights North Gate SD 474 793 – Please note that there is no parking on the approach road.
- Teddy Heights South Gate and Meadow SD 475 789
- Coldwell Meadows SD 476 776
- Guard Hill Lane Steele Family Reserve SD 472 800
- Storth School SD 475 802
- Warton School SD 499 724
- Sandside Cutting SD 478 807
- Arnside Coastguard Station SD 449 782 – Access on foot via the Promenade.
If you would like to come along, just turn up and all training and introduction will be given on site. However, if you wish, you can contact Bob Pickup beforehand on 01524 761740 or email@example.com for informal discussions on what we offer and our aims.
You will need to wear weather-appropriate clothing and footwear and bring a hot flask or bottle of water. Protective gloves are available on request. All tasks will be appropriated to the skills, experience and health of any individual; all we ask is that if anyone is concerned in any way about what they are being asked to undertake that they bring it to the attention of the task leader. Unfortunately, unlike some national bodies, we are unable to provide any expenses for travel etc. It is advisable to always check the website before setting off just in case a late cancellation has to be made.
Further details on these tasks and other volunteering opportunities can be found on the What’s On calendar.
- Telephone: 01524 761034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org